Tuesday, October 02, 2007

1 Year Has Passed

I just realized this blog turned one year old a few weeks ago, and I'm still not at 50 posts. That's pretty sad, Ill have to pick up the pace. Over the past year I have blogged about various topics such as security, ELF, Linux, random security headlines and more. Sometimes even 'real' tech media will quote my posts. Does a lack of comments indicate no one finds what you have to say interesting? I hope not.

The blog averages about 20-40 hits a day from various google keyword searches and links to it. From what I can tell there's an additional 75 to 100 people who subscribe to the RSS feed via feedburner, bloglines, google and a few others I've never heard of. Thanks for reading for the past year. As long as I have readers I will continue to post :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quality over quantity.

I subscribe to many RSS feeds and I cannot afford the time to read every post.

I don't think only 50 posts in one year is necessarily a bad thing. Focus on the quality, not on the quantity.

That's just my opinion.

Anonymous said...

A lack of comments certainly does suck. My blog is the same way. I post about as often as you, have about as many readers, and yet still nobody comments. I guess we blog to blog, not to hear feedback, for if we blogged for feedback we would have quit by now.

--txs

Unknown said...

Congrats on your one year anniversary Chris. You always have interesting topics and I always like to hear what intelligent information security professionals have to say. Keep up the good work.

Travis

http://travisaltman.com